Outlook is a web-based email service from Microsoft Corporation. Initially it Hotmail launched by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith in the year 1996, Hotmail was the first free inbox webmail provider which allowed people to access online email messages from anywhere in the world.
Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith decided to sell the Hotmail to Microsoft in the year 1997 and Hotmail became part of the Microsoft Service Network portal as MSN Hotmail. The new Hotmail service was built from scratch and focused on three main factors that are “faster, simpler, and safer“. New versions of the beta service were rolled out over the development period, and by the end of 2006 the number of beta testers had reached the millions.
After 2007, Gmail and Yahoo Mail were entered in to webmail services and became strong competitors to Hotmail. With this increase in competition, Microsoft released a new and improved Hotmail as part of Windows Live. Windows Live Hotmail was done continuous improvements until Microsoft released the final version in 2011. In addition, in 2013 the service was replaced by Outlook.com, which currently offers email, contact, task, and calendar-managing services available in 106 languages.
Login to Outlook account
The users can login to their Outlook Account from any devices like Mobile devices or web browser or tablet and from your windows or mac computer. Below are the complete login process to Outlook account.
Login to Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser
- The first step is to launch windows or Mac Web browser, click on https://outlook.live.com/owa/ Outlook login page will be displayed.
- Click on Sign In, Microsoft Outlook sign in page will be displayed.
- Enter the email address or Phone
- Click on Next button
- Enter the password
Login to your Microsoft Outlook account via a mobile device
You can access the Outlook email services on your mobile device. Outlook supports both Android and iOS. The following is the process of login Hotmail on mobile:
- Download Outlook App from the Google play store if you are using Android. The iPhone users can download from Appstore.In the search bar Google Play Store / Appstore, type Microsoft Outlook, download the application, and install. After you complete the installation, you can launch the App.
- After launching the mobile app, go to settings and add account. In the next step enter your Microsoft Outlook email address and tap on “Continue”. (Please ensure that you have enter @hotmail.com extension in your email address.
- In the next, you will be asked to enter password for your email account, enter the password and tap on next to sign in.
- The user can synchronize personal data; you need to give permissions to synchronize your personal content such has contacts, and calender and any other content etc. To allow the app to synchronize your personal data, Tap Yes or allow giving the Outlook App permission to start the syncing process. This allows your data to be available seamlessly from any of your devices.
- You are ready to go after you complete the above process you can ready to use Outlook and enjoy the services.
- With one Outlook login you can access all partner apps on any desktop or mobile
Problems in Signing and recover account:
Recover your Outlook account
It is not easy to remember passwords as people have numerous accounts of different kind. In case a user forgot his password, the user can get the same easily. Outlook provides three easy ways to get you account as well as passwords by using your phone number, alternative email address, personal information that you had used while registering your Outlook account.
If you are facing difficulty, the user has to click https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-account in the support section of Outlook website.