Penn State Webmail – Webmail PSU or Penn State Webmail is email services to the client to access anywhere the Penn State email through a web browser. The students have to authenticate themselves with the secured User Id and password. The web-based interface allows the users to create emails and manage mailboxes and any other services relating to emails.
Pennsylvania State University is a public institution founded in 1855. The university enrolls more than 99,000 students at 24 campus locations statewide and the Penn State World Campus, including more than 47,000 at the University Park campus in State College. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. Penn State is the flagship public university of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, with an historic land-grant mission of teaching, research and service.
Webmail PSU offers dedicated file system and it is fast and reliable and manages all if your emails. The user gets 1GB space for the webmail and provides extra 1 GB for storing the mails. All the Penn State faculties, students and administrative staff have access to the webmail with separate User ID and password and whoever uses email.psu.edu to check e-mail can use Webmail.
- Only Webmail supports email.psu.edu, there is no provision of supporting other email servers at present.
- Webmail can be used after you receive e-mail via email.psu.edu.
- In case of IMAP sign up, the users are not recommended to access e-mails in Webmail, as it may not be identical to normal emails.
Login to Webmail Penn State
To access Webmail, from the browser type https://webmail.psu.edu/ and the first screen will appear as belo.
Click on Login to Webmail link,
You have to identify yourself with User ID and password.
Logging out of Webmail PSU
It is recommended that you logout of webmail completely. Logout will allow only from the mail account and it will not be logout from the webmail. Your usage will not reflect deleted messages until your mailboxes are compressed, below is the process of logging out of Webmail PSU
- Complete all your tasks for the day i.e. sending and saving messages.
- On the navigation, screen Click on Logout.
- Next screen you will be asked whether you wish to logout completely from all Web application access or go back to your Webmail.
- Click on Logout Button.
- You will be logged out of Webmail and all Web Access applications completely.
- After logging out you will see the Web Access login page.
Forgot Password and Troubleshooting Webmail PSU
In case the users unable to access webmail, they can try below steps to get access:
- It is possible that the user will enter user ID or password wrong. The error log of Penn state has lot of similar complaints that students log in with their full name or Penn State e-mail address.
- Some users type passwords with CAPS LOCK on, remember that the passwords are case sensitive. Please ensure CAPS LOCK is off before entering the password.
- It is recommended that always User passwords should be changed on Secure Server at https://www.work.psu.edu/ .
- If the user still experience problems in log in, he has to reset your Account password by visiting the signature station with Identity card and can reset password.
- The user also can email with the issue to email@example.com, or call 814-865-4772.
- The users can also visit nearest Penn State location, where local computer support help desk will assist you with the problems. For locations help the user can click the link below link http://css.its.psu.edu/consulting/consult.html#hd.